Starting Date: 1st September 2018
The primary component of this role is to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of the cleaning service and to supervisor the day cleaning team in performing cleaning duties and associated task. To meet our customer’s needs by being able to change and multi task where possible. Responsible for recruiting of staff, scheduling, training and developing new staff.
- Ensure cleaning staff carry out their duties to the required standards through a monitoring programme.
- Monitor and complete accurate registration of attendances and the rescheduling of cleaning staff to cover absences.
- Prepare overtime rosters for approval by Manager.
- Act as a communication conduit between management and staff.
- In conjunction with the Manager achieve fair distribution of duties, which may include redeploying cleaning assistance where necessary
- Take responsibility for ensuring all cleaners are aware of and familiar with the correct use of all equipment and materials
- Timeously request purchase of consumables, equipment and materials
- Assist the Manager to maintain the asset register
- Actively promote Health and Safety within the team and raise awareness amongst all staff of appropriate Health and Safety Regulations. Report any breach directly to the Manager
- Ensure Health and Safety file is up to date, all policies are signed.
- Prepare and produce weekly reports and meet fortnightly with the Manager to discuss the provisions and effectiveness of the service
- In conjunction with the Manager, carrying out performance reviews and appraisals. Set up meetings with the Manager to discuss implementation of the above.
- In line with the sustainability policy ensure effective and economical use of equipment and materials. Ensure that all cleaners can read the labels on the chemicals and understand their usage.
- Ensure a reporting system is in place for notifying Project Manager of building and furniture defects.
- To participate in the performance development review process
- Ensures of proper maintenance of all equipment; make arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Ensure that all toilets are inspected on a daily basis and checklist on the bathrooms are signed by the cleaner and Supervisor daily.
- Ensure monthly hours are calculated on all time-sheets and submitted along with daily activity report on a monthly basis.
- Draw up training requirement for staff.
- Meet the Health and Safety Committee on a weekly basis and email a report of your meeting to Manager.
- Conduct Toolbox talk on a daily basis and ensure everyone signs the register
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
*SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES*
- Fluent in English and Zulu – reading, writing and speaking
- 1 – 2 years Supervisory experience in the cleaning industry
- Demonstrate the aptitude or competence for assigning responsibilities
- Physically fit
- Computer literacy advantageous
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills and organizational skills
- Able to supervise and discipline staff
- Honest and reliable
- Use own initiative and be proactive
7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend work may be required.
*Regrettably, only South African Citizens will be considered for the position.